What We Believe and Practice
Vineyard Ministries International is non-denominational church committed to the revival of apostolic signs, salvation of souls, training men, women and children to live a victorious life. Vineyard Ministries International is committed to the fundamental truths of historic, biblical Christianity and we believe that:
- There is one, eternal God, Creator and Lord of the universe who, in unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, both governs all things according to God1s will and is accomplishing God’s purpose in the world and in the Church
- The Holy Scripture in its entirety is inspired by God’s Spirit through human authors and constitutes the revelation of God’s truth to humanity. It is wholly true and trustworthy in all that it affirms. Whatever the Bible, rightly interpreted, is found to teach we are bound to believe and obey. It is our supreme authority in every matter of belief and conduct.
- All human beings are created in God’s own likeness and therefore have inherent value and equality before God. Since the fall, huma11 sin and guilt have rendered us subject to God”s wrath and condemnation and have resulted in our alienation from God’s life, suppression of God’s truth and hostility to God’s law. God’s law desires all to come to repentance and be reconciled rather than condemned.
- Salvation from guilt, penalty and all other consequences of sin has been achieved solely through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. His perfect obedience, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection and exaltation as our Lord Jesus alone is truly God and truly human, the only mediator between God and humanity. There is salvation through no other person, creed, process or power. Each sinner is justified before God and reconciled to God only by divine grace appropriated by faith in him alone.
- The work of the Holy Spirit is necessary for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity. The Holy Spirit empowers and indwells the Church, enabling its constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, ministry, power and mission.
- There is one, holy universal and apostolic church, which is the body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong. The Church’s calling is to worship God forever and to serve God in the world.
- As the Father sent the Son into the world, so the Lord sent Jesus Christ sent his church to participate in God’s mission by words and works. In this mission the church is called: to proclaim God’s truth and the gospel of God’s grace; to make disciples among all nations; to exhibit God’s character through compassionate and care for the needy; to demonstrate the reality of God’s kingdom through creative and sacrificial living; the community of love, the Quest for righteousness, justice and peace and the care of God’s creation.
- As the Lord Jesus ascended to his Father, so he will return personally, visibly and in glory. He will raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to final completion. God’s will then fully establish His kingdom and finished the new creation- a new Heaven and a new Earth from which all evil doers, all suffering and death will be excluded and in all which God will be glorified forever Amen
Empowering and Enriching the Nations for the Kingdom of God.